Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fatal Judgement

Share


by Irene Hannon

Read the Back:

U.S. Marshal Jake Taylor has seen plenty of action during his years in law enforcement. But he’d rather go back to Iraq than face his next assignment: protection detail for federal judge Liz Michaels. His feelings toward the coldhearted workaholic haven’t warmed in the five years since she drove her husband – and Jake’s best friend – to despair…and possible suicide.

As the danger mounts and Jake gets to know Liz better, he’s forced to revise his opinion of her. And when it becomes clear that an unknown enemy may want her dead, the stakes are raised. Because now both her life – and his heart – are in danger.

Full of suspense and romance, Fatal Judgment is a thrilling story that will keep you turning the pages late into the night.


My Thoughts:

This book took me a little while to get into. It’s the first time I’ve read a book with the premise of a U.S. Marshal so being a little unfamiliar with the background of a U.S. Marshal’s job could’ve played into that a bit. Initially the plot felt highly predictable, but as I got further into the story I became more directly involved in the story. The way the author describes the characters via another character’s eyes really helps the reader to feel the emotions that the describing character is feeling. I was quite surprised to find out about a character ½ way through that I thought I’d spend the whole book guessing about, but it really helped his character develop more and fit the story well.

When I finally hit the ½ way point of the book I found it harder and harder to put down. There was a lot more action and suspense and I was becoming so engrossed in the book that it was as though I was watching a movie. There were several times I had to remind myself to breathe because I had been holding my breath in anticipation of what was going to happen next.

I really loved the way the characters interacted with each other from the jeering and the way the author describes each character’s facial expression throughout. It really helped the vividness of the story. My suggestion to anyone wanting to read this book is to pick it up for sure, but be sure to give it time to work its magic. Stick with it and you WON’T be disappointed!

This review was made possible because I was provided a copy of the book from Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available now at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment