Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Keeper

Share


by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Read the Back:
A family. A farm. A heart. All in need of repair.

Life on Windmill Farm hasn't been the same since Julia Lapp's father has had trouble with his heart. But that doesn't stop Julia from hoping for a bright future. She has planned on marrying Paul Fisher since she was a girl. Now twenty-one, she looks forward to their wedding with giddy anticipation. But when Paul tells her he wants to postpone the wedding--again--she is determined to change his mind. She knows who is to blame for Paul's sudden reluctance to wed: the Bee Man.

Roman Troyer, the Bee Man, travels through the Amish communities of Ohio and Pennsylvania with his hives full of bees, renting them out to farmers in need of pollinators. A mysterious man who relishes his nomadic life, Roman especially enjoys bringing his bees to Stoney Ridge each year. But with Julia seriously at odds with him, Windmill Farm is looking decidedly less appealing.

Can Julia secure the future she's always dreamed of? Or does God have something else in mind?


My Thoughts:

Simply suspenseful. I kept having to remind myself to breathe throughout the entire book. While I found this book slightly harder to get into initially, it was surely no disappointment! The characters, as always, are simply endearing. I really enjoyed how Suzanne gave me mixed emotions about several of the characters. This kept me engaged in the story because I had to figure out how I really felt about them.

I really enjoyed the story lines and the twists and turns that rounded out the book. I was kept guessing right through the end of the story about what would happen in certain situations and that truly makes for a great read. I love reading how the characters faith in God can remain steadfast no matter what life throws at them. It's a great reminder to really examine our own faith and determine if we too could be so strong given the same circumstances.

I found the ending amazing, but also left in such a way as there is room for another book. Then upon reading the Author's note I was informed that there are to be two more books. One in August 2012 and one in January 2013. Can't wait to read them. There is a great journey contained on these pages and I hope it's one you'll decide to take :D

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment