Tuesday, January 26, 2010

50 Ways to Feel Great Today

Share

by David B. Biebel, DMin; James E. Dill, MD; and Bobbie Dill, RN


I really enjoyed reading 50 Ways to Feel Great Today. The authors gave great ideas for simple and inexpensive things that you can do to improve your everyday life. I enjoyed how some of the ideas involved more than just the reader. There were suggestions such as “Kidnapping” someone or planning a treasure hunt. I loved that these ideas could involve others (i.e.: family and/or friends) and would also help reduce their stress levels as well.

There were some points throughout the book where I felt the ideas were geared more towards an older crowd than where I am personally, but each suggested idea would work for any age. In particular, the chapter titled “Use the Internet Creatively”, seemed to be written to explain the wonders of the web for an older generation. The things mentioned were such as Write a Blog, Join a Forum, Find and Share Humorous videos, and Skype someone. As someone who is only 28 these ideas seemed obvious. They are pretty much a part of everyday life and I got thinking about how stress relieving these things could actually be. Personally, there is a lot of drama on forums. I do, however, agree with the Skyping section as I use Skype with my kids all the time so that they can talk with their grandparents.

I am so glad that someone came up with this book and that the ideas are inexpensive. A lot of times with books like these they have suggestions that are a little too pricey (i.e.: take a family vacation, go on a romantic cruise with your spouse, etc.). It’s refreshing to have simple and free things to focus on to better enhance my life experience. I recommend this book to anyone struggling with stress or even to anyone struggling with day to day monotony. It’s a great read and a wonderful book to refer back to time and time again!

Available now at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment