Friday, February 26, 2010

Anything But Normal

Share
by Melody Carlson



Read the Back:
SHE THOUGHT SHE LEFT THE SUMMER BEHIND…

This year should be the best of Sophie Ramsay’s life. She’s friends with all the right people, she’s a shoo-in for editor of the school newspaper, and she’s managed to turn the head of one of the hottest guys in school.

But something’s not quite right. Sophie has a secret – one she won’t be able to keep under wraps for much longer.

What I Thought:
What an amazing story! I’ve always enjoyed reading Melody Carlson’s books as she gets right down to business with tackling the issues facing teens in today’s society. This book gave me a new perspective on how people, even Christians, can be really judgmental. Sophie is faced with a big problem and has many decisions that she needs to make throughout this book. Sophie begins to doubt and question her faith. Her friends can see a difference in her attitude. She falls away from God when she really needs him most.

As a Christian, I found this book really eye opening. It gave me a new perspective on how cold people can be. It also gave me the gentle reminder that God is there no matter what! Couldn’t we all use that reminder? Even though this book is written as young adult fiction, I think that any adult could benefit from reading it. I found myself crying right alongside the characters. I also got that desperate feeling too. Melody Carlson has done it again and I HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone.

Available now at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Book is courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment